Sunday, February 6, 2011

Red Velvet Brownie Covered Oreos


I made this recipe shared by Peabody for a friend's super bowl gathering tonight. I just snuck a taste of one for lunch! OMG!

Red Velvet Brownie Dipped Vanilla Double Stuffed Oreos

By Culinary Concoctions by Peabody

½ cup unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup cocoa powder
Pinch salt
1 TBSP red food coloring
1 tsp. vinegar
2 eggs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
About 16-18 Double Stuffed Oreos
Preheat oven to 350F. Place cupcake liners into two muffin pans.
In a saucepan on medium heat melt the butter.
Remove the butter to a large bowl and add the sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, food coloring, and vinegar, in that order, mixing between additions.
Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and stir it into the cocoa mix.
Fold in the flour until fully combined.
Dip the Oreo into the batter and do your best to completely coat it.

I spooned extra batter over the top.


Bake for 14-16 minutes.
Let cool, and then eat.
Red Velvet Brownie Recipe adapted from Foodnetwork.com


These are so good, I deviated a little bit by using the traditional double stuffed Oreo rather than the vanilla ones. My recipe made 16. I dipped mine and then spooned a little extra batter over the top once all were dipped.

I bet they are devoured quickly.

p.s. Sorry for the crappy camera phone pic, I figure it is better than no pic at all.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Fancy! I'm sure they are SO good!

Shea said...

Wow. Those look amazing! And yes I am a Phi Mu... and so is my baby sister.